Rebel Brag and British Bluster: A Record of Unfulfilled Prophecies, Baffled Schemes, and Disappointed Hopes, with Echoes of Very Insignificant Thunder; Very Pleasant to Read and Instructive to All Who Are Capable of Learning (Classic Reprint) by Owls-Glass Owls-Glass (Paperback / softback, 2015)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Rebel Brag and British Bluster: A Record of Unfulfilled Prophecies, Baffled Schemes, and Disappointed Hopes, With Echoes of Very Insignificant Thunder; Very Pleasant to Read and Instructive to All Who Are Capable of Learning It must t be thought that the following pages are the fruit of a search through the British journals for articles upon our late civil war. Life is too short for such an employment of time without prospect of much greater benefit, public and private, than that task could accomplish, however effectually performed. The articles, extracts from which are here reprinted were, with many others, cut out and laid aside in the course of the current perusal of British journals during the war, as interesting utterances of opinion and feeling, to which there would probably arise some occasion for reference. This selection from and arrangement of these articles is offered as a curious study of the attitude, temper, and purposes of the largest and most influential part of a great and enlightened nation in regard to one of the most important political movements of modern times. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Owls-Glass Owls-Glass
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.