All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionRebellion in the Province is the history of the most radical and militant farmers' movement of the Weimar Republic, the Landvolkbewegung (Rural People's Movement). This book reveals how ecomic crisis triggered protests that began with appeals for assistance but escalated to demonstrations, tax-strikes and bombings. The history of this unique movement is significant t only for the forms and expressions of its protests, but for the light it sheds on the collapse of Weimar democracy. Moreover, it helps to explain the spectacular rise of National Socialism in Schleswig-Holstein, the province in which Hitler's party won its first electoral majority. The Landvolkbewegung paved the way for Nazi success in the countryside, which ultimately led to its breakthrough as a mass political party.
- Author BiographyAlexander Otto-Morris studied German and History at Monash University in Melbourne (Australia), and at the universities of Wurzburg and Kiel (Germany). He is an adjunct research associate at Monash University and currently teaches in northern Germany.
- Author(s)Alexander Otto-Morris
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleKieler Werkstucke Reihe A: Beitrage zur Schleswig-holsteinischen und Skandinavischen Geschichte
- Series Part/Volume Number36
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight700 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.