All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the sixteenth to the nineteenth century, some of Spain's most rewned literary figures produced literary re-creations of one of the world's most enigmatic and fascinating stories: the tale of Adam and Eve in Paradise. The present study focuses on the history of this ancient narrative and its nature as cultural myth whose content is deemed essential to society. Using recent theories in the study of mythography, the relationship between the Adamic myth and Spanish society is explored in the works of individual Spanish authors. From the auto sacramental and the drama of Lope de Vega to the Neoclassical poetry of Alberto Lista and the Romantic epic of Espronceda, this work represents the first comprehensive study of this important theme in Spanish literature.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Bruce A. Boggs is Assistant Professor of Nineteenth- and Twentieth-century Spanish Literature in the Department of Modern Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics at the University of Oklahoma. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Austin in 1995.
- Author(s)Bruce A Boggs
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1998
- Series TitleIberica
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1998
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight320 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.