All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing the Herman & Chomsky Propaganda Model that was introduced in 1988, Gods offers a rigorous and accessible portrait of contemporary news media. Following a current survey of media ownership and news worker routines, in a series of case studies, he shows how recent news discourse has developed an Us/Them narrative. Cases include The New York Times' accounts of the Bush administration and United Nations in the lead-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq; and analysis of the 2011 riots in the United Kingdom in a comparison between two British broadsheets (The Guardian and The Daily Telegraph). Further case studies demonstrate important, if partial, new media discontinuities with respect to old news media. The book's international reach and sustained attention to new media indicate that it is t simply high-fidelity repetition of Herman & Chomsky, but re-engineers the model's architecture for the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyBrian Michael Goss (PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana) is a professor in the communication faculty at Saint Louis University, Madrid, Spain. His principal research interests revolve around mass media in its many manifestations. Dr. Goss is the author of Global Auteurs: Politics in the Films of Almodovar, von Trier, and Winterbottom (Peter Lang, 2009) and co-editor (with Christopher Chavez) of Identity: Beyond Tradition and McWorld Neo-Liberalism (2013).
- Author(s)Brian Michael Goss
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleIntersections in Communications & Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight350 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.