All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the President of the American Society of Addiction Medicine Recent Developments in Alcoholism (Volume 10) is a major contribution to the literature of addiction medicine. This volume, 'ru.cohol and Cocaine: Similarities and Differences, contains an impressive collection of chapters from the basic research, epidemiological, and clinical research perspectives, as well as articles that address the relative policy issues and clinical application and patient care concerns. It also sends a message to those who would still distinguish between alcohol and drugs, or legal and illegal drugs. In the research laboratory, in the intentions and behavior of the user, and by the clinician, such distinctions have never been upheld. The first section, Clinical Pathology, includes chapters on the role of alcohol in cocaine dependence, dual-diagsis empirical and developmental- humanistic approaches, and on neuroendocrine and catecholamine levels in humans during administration and withdrawal of cocaine and alcohol, emer- gency room evaluation of cocaine-associated neuropsychiatric disorders, and clinical and pharmacological interactions of alcohol and cocaine. These chap- ters, written by authors who are preeminent in their fields, offer a broad perspective to both the researcher and the clinician on relevant issues in clinical pathology. .
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleRecent Developments in Alcoholism
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight592 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byMarc Galanter
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.