All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe book presents surveys describing recent developments in most of the primary subfields of General Topology and its applications to Algebra and Analysis during the last decade. It follows freely the previous edition (North Holland, 1992), Open Problems in Topology (North Holland, 1990) and Handbook of Set-Theoretic Topology (North Holland, 1984). The book was prepared in connection with the Prague Topological Symposium, held in 2001. During the last 10 years the focus in General Topology changed and therefore the selection of topics differs slightly from those chosen in 1992. The following areas experienced significant developments: Topological Groups, Function Spaces, Dimension Theory, Hyperspaces, Selections, Geometric Topology (including Infinite-Dimensional Topology and the Geometry of Banach Spaces). Of course, t every important topic could be included in this book. Except surveys, the book contains several historical essays written by such eminent topologists as: R.D. Anderson, W.W. Comfort, M. Henriksen, S. Mardesic, J. Nagata, M.E. Rudin, J.M. Smirv (several reminiscences of L. Vietoris are added). In addition to extensive author and subject indexes, a list of all problems and questions posed in this book are added. List of all authors of surveys: A. Arhangel'skii, J. Baker and K. Kunen, H. Bennett and D. Lutzer, J. Dijkstra and J. van Mill, A. Dow, E. Glasner, G. Godefroy, G. Gruenhage, N. Hindman and D. Strauss, L. Hola and J. Pelant, K. Kawamura, H.-P. Kuenzi, W. Marciszewski, K. Martin and M. Mislove and M. Reed, R. Pol and H. Torunczyk, D. Repovs and P. Semev, D. Shakhmatov, S. Solecki, M. Tkachenko.
- Author(s)J. Van Mill,M. Husek
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations, indexes
- Weight1370 g
- Width156 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.