Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe intellectual scope and cultural impact of British and Irish writers in Europe cant be assessed without reference to their 'European' fortunes. This collection ofessays, prepared by an international team of scholars, critics and translators, record how D.H. Lawrence's work has been received, translated and interpreted in most European countries with remarkable, though greatly varying, success. Among the topics discussed in this volume are questions arising from the personal and frequently controversial nature of much of Lawrence's writings and the various ways in which translators from across Europe coped with the specific problems that the often regional, but at the same time, cosmopolitan Lawrencean texts pose.
- Author BiographyDieter Mehl is Professor Emeritus, University of Bonn, Germany.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/01/2007
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Series TitleThe Reception of British and Irish Authors in Europe
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight752 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byChrista Jansohn,Prof Dr. Dieter Mehl
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.