All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book devotes a chapter to each RTK family and the multiple receptors within each family, thoroughly covering all of the RTKs. The chapters all follow the same structure, presenting this essential information in an accessible and user-friendly format. Each chapter covers one specific family of receptors and begins with a general introduction to that family and a comprehensive discussion of that receptor's family in development and human disease. Following are in-depth analyses of each family's receptors with discussions on the gene, protein, ligands, activation, and signaling pathways along with discussion of receptor processing and signal attenuation. Further, cross talk with other receptors systems, post-translational modification and specific unique characteristics to each RTK are discussed. Because it isolates and explains each family, this book is an essential companion volume to Receptor Tyrosine Kinases: Structure, Functions and Role in Human Disease, by the same authors, which talks about RTKs more generally and without the family-by-family detail.
- Author BiographyDr. Deric Wheeler received an M.S. in pathology from the University of Iowa and a Ph.D. in Cancer Biology from the University of Wisconsin. He conducted his postdoctoral training at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, WA, and at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison, where he eventually transitioned to faculty as an assistant professor in the department of human oncology. Dr. Wheeler's lab research centers on resistance to molecular targeting agents and the role of subcellular localization of receptor tyrosine kinases and their roles in oncogenesis. Dr. Yosef Yarden received a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology from the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel. He completed postdoctoral training at Genentech, Inc. in San Francisco and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge. He returned to the Weizmann Institute of Science first as an assistant professor and then later as a full professor. His past administrative responsibilities at the Weizmann Institute include Dean of the Faculty of Biology, Vice-President for Academic Affairs, Director of the M.D. Moross Institute for Cancer Research, and Dean of the Feinberg Graduate School. Dr. Yarden's lab research centers on the roles played by growth factors and receptor tyrosine kinases in tumor progression.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication05/08/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 79 colour illustrations, 47 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1770 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine54 mm
- Edited byDeric L. Wheeler,Yosef Yarden
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.