All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThere were three things food writer Robin Davis promised she would never do: she would never move back to Ohio, she would never get married, and she would never join an organized religion. Never say never--today, Davis is a recent transplant to the Midwest wife and stepmother, and converted Catholic. In Recipe for Joy, she shares her stories of food, faith, and family life, and discovers that food is the language she can speak when stepping into unfamiliar territory. Recipe for Joy tells Davis's story of recognizing God's plan, doubting it, and then discovering why God's plan is her newfound path. The stories in Recipe for Joy are grouped by themes based on the courses of a meal, and each chapter ends with a recipe inspired by the theme. Recipe for Joy reveals that food and faith can go hand in hand and that God uses people (and some really good meals) to bring us into a closer relationship with God.
- Author BiographyRobin Davis is a senior writer and editor at Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio. Prior to joining the staff at Kenyon, Robin was the food editor at the Columbus Dispatch for 11 years. She also hosted Dispatch Kitchen cooking segments and specials on the local CBS affiliate, WBNS-TV. Before coming to Columbus, Robin was a restaurant critic and food writer for the San Francisco Chronicle. She came to San Francisco by way of Los Angeles, where she worked as an assistant editor at Bon Appetit magazine. Robin has a bachelor of arts in English and psychology from the University of Dayton. She also has an associate's degree in culinary arts from the California Culinary Academy. She is the author of five books, most recently a memoir titled Recipe For Joy: A Stepmom's Story of Finding Faith, Following Love and Feeding a Family (Loyola Press, 2013). Her other titles include Wookiee Cookies (Chronicle Books, 1997), Infusions (Chronicle Books, 1998), The North Market Cookbook (American Foodways, 2008) and Graeter's: An Irresistible History (History Press, 2010). Her Web site is FoodCookEat.com.
- Author(s)Robin Davis
- PublisherLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.