All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Rivvy Neshama was twenty-two and about to get married, her mother gave her a book of handwritten recipes that taught her how to make a good roast but t much else. And one gave her the recipe to make a good marriage or a good life. That took years of searching on a path with many turns. Now, like a handwritten recipe book, Recipes for a Sacred Life is passing on the most meaningful and inspiring stories from the author s life. From birth to death and in between; from dancing to forgiveness to sacred sex; and from a rabbi from Vienna to Irish Rita from the Bronx, they feature people and experiences that taught the author how to live a good life one touched with sacredness. And, as it turned out, the best recipes came from her mom. Written with heart and humor and steeped in ancient wisdom, these short, true tales reveal how ordinary encounters with friends, nature, lovers, and strangers can suddenly connect us with the sacred, adding love, joy, and purpose to our lives. In the spirit of Anne Lamott, Mitch Albom, and Rachel Naomi Remen, Recipes for a Sacred Life is lumius and uplifting a gift for all.
- Author BiographyRivvy Neshama is a writer, editor, and community organizer who holds a bachelor's degree in philosophy from Bryn Mawr College and master's degrees in comparative literature, social work, and education. She has been a teacher and social worker in Harlem, a campaign manager in Boulder, and a college instructor in Queens. Neshama has written for such national publications as Ms., Glamour, and The New York Times. Her spiritual path draws from many sources: Eastern and Western religions, Native traditions, Sufis and shamans, and her mom.
- Author(s)Rivvy Neshama
- PublisherDivine Arts
- Date of Publication06/12/2013
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationStudio City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDivine Arts
- Content Note11 Illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.