All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTheses are simple seasonal food from Greece and the islands, with 320 photographs. Authentic, uncomplicated dishes that are enticing, healthy and delicious - this is seasonal Greek cooking at its simplest and best. Rena Salaman's glorious collection of evocative recipes will inspire and delight every cook. The recipes are divided into seasons, with useful information about specific ingredients and tips on how to prepare them. You can try fresh-tasting Spring Lamb Casserole with Fresh Peas, summery Sun-ripened Tomato and Feta Salad with Purslane, Baked Tuna with Golden Brown Potatoes in autumn, or warming winter Pork with Chickpeas and Orange. 75 recipes are shown in 320 specially commissioned pictures by leading food photographer Martin Brigdale. Greek cooks make wonderful use of the abundance of seasonal ingredients, and quality produce is at the heart of this rich and varied cuisine. This sumptuous book presents traditional recipes from mainland Greece and the islands, and includes essential information about popular ingredients, such as vine leaves, okra and kefalotyri cheese. The glorious recipes, peppered with fascinating anecdotes and helpful tips, include Potato and Feta Salad, Grilled Swordfish Skewers, Baked Fish in the Style of Spetse, Veal Escalopes from Corfu, and the unusual Squid with Spinach from Crete. This book will provide inspirational ideas for healthy, tasty meals.
- Author BiographyRena Salaman was born and grew up in Athens, which gave her an enthusiasm for the traditions of her native Greece, and spends every summer on the island of Alonnisos. Her passion for Greek food and cooking has remained unabated and she has written many books on the cuisines of Greece, Turkey and Mediterranean. She also writes for House and Gardens and BBC Good Food magazines as well as the Financial Times and The Guardian. She has appeared on radio and television.
- Author(s)Rena Salaman
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 320 photographs
- Weight567 g
- Width168 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.