All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse has focused more public attention on the Catholic Church in Australia than on any other organisation subject to this investigation. It is a cathartic moment for the Church. Public disillusionment and a deep distrust within the community about the way the Church has handled clerical sexual abuse cases could prove more damaging - or more transformative - than any findings from the Commission itself. This book examines the public discussion around the child abuse issue and its construction as a problem of Catholicism. It considers what the Australian Catholic response to the greatest crisis in its history will mean in the long term for: the Australian Church's credibility the reputation of its schools, hospitals and welfare organizations and for its future cultural and political influence.
- Author BiographyChris McGillion is former religious affairs editor for the Sydney Morning Herald . He is the editor of A Long Way From Rome: Why the Australian Catholic Church is in Crisis (Allen & Unwin, 2003) and co-author of Our Fathers: What Australian Catholic Priests Really Think About their Lives and their Church (John Garratt, 2011). He teaches journalism at Charles Sturt University, Australia. Damian Grace is an Honorary Associate in the Department of Government and International Relations at the University of Sydney, Australia. He is co-author of Business Ethics (Oxford: Oxford University Press, fifth edition 2013).
- Author(s)Chris McGillion,Damian Grace
- PublisherATF Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationHindmarsh, SA
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintATF Press
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.