All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionReclaiming Lesson Observation explores the latest practice, thinking and research in lesson observation, putting teacher learning at its heart. Illustrated throughout with practical examples from a range of education settings, each chapter contains a rich variety of state-of-the-art, evidence-based case studies to demonstrate how new approaches to observation can be applied in practice. The book is split into four easily accessible parts: * making the transition to ungraded models of lesson observation * recent research studies in lesson observation * peer observation, coaching and mentoring * invations in observing classroom practice. With a carefully chosen team of contributors, from senior leaders and managers to classroom practitioners and education researchers, this book provides an informed perspective on how to maximise the use of observation, and most importantly, implement proven successful schemes to improve the quality of teaching in the classroom. Reclaiming Lesson Observation is for all practising educators who want to break free from the constraints of performative lesson observation to redefine and reclaim it as a powerful tool for teacher growth, on which to build sustainable, collaborative communities of teacher learning.
- Author BiographyMatt O'Leary is Reader in Education at Birmingham City University, UK. He is also the author of Classroom Observation: A guide to the effective observation of teaching and learning.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white tables, 7 black & white halftones, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight354 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byMatt O'Leary
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.