All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the twentieth century, the media gave whistleblowers a voice, spearheaded the downfall of powerful politicians, and exposed widespread corporate corruption. How will the twenty-first-century media cope with its storied legacy as the watchdog of democratic society? Reclaiming the Media examines the sometimes tenuous, often fraught relationship between media organizations and civil rights in Europe. In sections devoted to citizenship, participation, contemporary journalism, and activist communication strategies, a panel of European media experts makes the case for deepening the media s role in democracy.
- Author BiographyBart Cammaerts is a lecturer in the media communication department of the London School of Economics.Nico Carpentier is codirector of the Research Center for Studies on Media and Culture at the Free University of Brussels.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width172 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBart Cammaerts,Nico Carpentier
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.