All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnagrisis, or recognition, has played a central role in the arts and humanities throughout history. It is a universal mode of kwledge in literature and the arts; in sacred texts and scholastic writing; in philosophy; in psychology; in politics and social theory. Recognition is a phemen and a fulcrum that makes these discourses possible. To date, one has attempted a comprehensive discussion of recognition across disciplines, places, and historical periods. Recognition and Modes of Kwledge is the culmination of an interdisciplinary conference on recognition with contributions from international authorities, including Piero Boitani, Roland Le Huenen, Rachel Adelman, and Christina Tarpolsky. Students and experts in the humanities who desire a rich grounding in the concept of recognition should start with this book.
- Author BiographyTeresa G. Russo is an educator, scholar, poet, and PhD Candidate at the University of Toronto. She lives in Woodbridge, Ontario.
- PublisherUniversity of Alberta Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- LanguageEnglish & English
- Place of PublicationAlberta
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Alberta Press
- Weight455 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byTeresa G. Russo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.