All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe objective of the book is to introduce the basic principle and techniques used to make Recombinant DNA. The book commences with an introduction to different tools used for Gene cloning. The final chapters cover the application of Recombinant Techlogy on current research and provide an inside look on Human Geme Project, Ribozyme Techlogy, Antisense techlogy, DNA sequencing, Protein Engineering, Transgenic techlogy and development of vaccines. It features summary of chapter in the form of flow charts, highlighting the key points. The book also includes an appendix which provides in depth descriptions of protocols which cover the basic aspects of Molecular biology and glossary defining nearly all the possible terms mentioned in the book. The purpose of this book is to provide an insight on theoretical aspects of Recombinant DNA manipulation with special emphasis on different procedures to create chimeric molecules using examples from actual experimental works. The book has been designed for under-graduates, postgraduates and technicians who wish to kw and use the principles and techniques of Recombinant DNA Techlogy.
- Author BiographySardul Singh Sandhu Director of Centre for Scientific Research & Development (C.S.R.D.), People's Group, Bhopal and is Professor on-lien from Rani Durgawati University, Jabalpur. He has meticulously researched on various fields of Biotechnology and has shared his vast experience of molecular biological techniques to create this book. His area of research involves Biotechnology, Molecular Biology and applications of Biotechnology in Medical Science. He has published 74 research papers (C.I.F. 7.8 and C.C. 58) and 6 articles in national and international journales of repute. He has also completed 10 research projects funded by UGC, MPCST, CSIR, DBT and DST. Prof. Sandhu has been honoured with National Biotechnology Associateship, 1995; Post Doctoral Overseas Biotechnology Associateship, 1999 by D.B.T., Govt. of India, UNESCO Biotechnology visiting Professorship for visiting Australia in 1999, Vishista Seva Padak by Gurmat Mission, Central Circle, India in 2000, TWAS/CNPq/RETOREA Associateship from Italy and Brazil, in 2000, 2002, 2003, 2006 for visiting different universities and institutes in Sau Paulo, Brazil, and Prof. Y.S. Murty Young Scientist Gold Medal Award by IBS in 2000. He has also been honoured with Award of Excellence (Praveenta Samman) in 2005 by Hon'ble Vice Chancellor, R.D. University, Jabalpur. He has guided more than 30 students for M.Phil. & M.Sc. and over 20 for Ph.D. Prof. Sandhu also worked as a Visiting Professor and Scientist at Monash University, Australia; I.A.C., Brazil; FMRP, University of Sau Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil and St. Andrew's Fife University, Scotland. He is member of many leading associations and societies and is the founder Secretary of Shri Guru Har Gobind Society for Rural Biotechnology Management, Jabalpur.
- Author(s)Sardul Singh Sandhu
- PublisherI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.