Recommender Systems: An Introduction by Dietmar Jannach, Alexander Felfernig, Markus Zanker, Gerhard Friedrich (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $119.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this age of information overload, people use a variety of strategies to make choices about what to buy, how to spend their leisure time, and even whom to date. Recommender systems automate some of these strategies with the goal of providing affordable, personal, and high-quality recommendations. This book offers an overview of approaches to developing state-of-the-art recommender systems. The authors present current algorithmic approaches for generating personalized buying proposals, such as collaborative and content-based filtering, as well as more interactive and kwledge-based approaches. They also discuss how to measure the effectiveness of recommender systems and illustrate the methods with practical case studies. The final chapters cover emerging topics such as recommender systems in the social web and consumer buying behavior theory. Suitable for computer science researchers and students interested in getting an overview of the field, this book will also be useful for professionals looking for the right techlogy to build real-world recommender systems.
- Author BiographyDietmar Jannach is a chaired Professor of Computer Science at TU Dortmund, Germany. The author of more than 100 scientific papers, he is a member of the editorial board of the Applied Intelligence journal and the review board of the International Journal of Electronic Commerce. Markus Zanker is an associate professor at the Alpen-Adria University, Klagenfurt, Austria. He directs the research group on recommender systems and is the director of the study programme in information management. In 2010 he was the program co-chair of the 4th International ACM Conference on Recommender Systems. He has published numerous papers in the area of artificial intelligence focusing on recommender systems, consumer buying behavior and human factors. He is also an associate editor of the International Journal of Human-Computer Studies. Alexander Felfernig is Professor of Applied Software Engineering at the Graz University of Technology (TU Graz). In his research he focuses on intelligent methods and algorithms supporting the development and maintenance of complex knowledge bases. Furthermore, Alexander is interested in the application of AI techniques in the software engineering context, for example, the application of decision and recommendation technologies to make software requirements engineering processes more effective. For his research he received the Heinz-Zemanek Award from the Austrian Computer Society in 2009. Gerhard Friedrich is a chaired Professor at the Alpen-Adria Universitat Klagenfurt, Austria, where he is head of the Institute of Applied Informatics and directs the Intelligent Systems and Business Informatics research group. He is an editor of AI Communications and an associate editor of the International Journal of Mass Customisation.
- Author(s)Alexander Felfernig,Dietmar Jannach,Gerhard Friedrich,Markus Zanker
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note72 b/w illus. 29 tables
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.