All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Tagging Systems are web applications in which users upload resources (e.g., bookmarks, videos, photos, etc.) and antate it with a list of freely chosen keywords called tags. This is a grassroots approach to organize a site and help users to find the resources they are interested in. Social tagging systems are open and inherently social; features that have been proven to encourage participation. However, with the large popularity of these systems and the increasing amount of user-contributed content, information overload rapidly becomes an issue. Recommender Systems are well kwn applications for increasing the level of relevant content over the ise that continuously grows as more and more content becomes available online. In social tagging systems, however, we face new challenges. While in classic recommender systems the mode of recommendation is basically the resource, in social tagging systems there are three possible modes of recommendation: users, resources, or tags. Therefore suitable methods that properly exploit the different dimensions of social tagging systems data are needed. In this book, we survey the most recent and state-of-the-art work about a whole new generation of recommender systems built to serve social tagging systems. The book is divided into self-contained chapters covering the background material on social tagging systems and recommender systems to the more advanced techniques like the ones based on tensor factorization and graph-based models.
- Author(s)Alexandros Nanopoulos,Andreas Hotho,Gerd Stumme,Lars Schmidt-Thieme,Leandro Balby Marinho,Panagiotis Symeonidis,Robert Jaschke
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleSpringerbriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight201 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.