All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReconceptualizing Curriculum Development provides accessible, clear guidance on curriculum problem solving and educational leadership through the practice of a syptic curriculum study. This practice integrates three influential interpretations of curriculum-curriculum as deliberative artistry, curriculum as complicated conversation, and curriculum as currere-with John Dewey's lifetime work on reflective inquiry. At its heart, the book advances a way of studying as a way of living with reference to the question: How might I live as a democratic educator? The study guidance is organized as an open-ended scaffolding of three embedded reflective inquiries informed by four deliberative conversations. Study recommendations are provided by a carefully selected team. The field-tested study-based approach is illustrated through a multi-layered, multi-voiced narrative collage of four experienced teachers' personal journeys of understanding in a collegial study context. Applying William Pinar's argument that a conceptual montage enabling teachers to lead complicated conversations should be the focus for curriculum development in the field's current 'post-reconceptualist' moment, the book moves forward the educational aim of facilitating a holistic subject/self/social understanding through the practice of a balanced hermeneutics of suspicion and trust. It closes with a discussion of cross-cultural collaboration and advocacy, reflecting the interest of curriculum scholars in a wide range of countries in this study-based, lead-learning approach to curriculum development.
- Author BiographyJames G. Henderson is Co-Coordinator, Teacher Leader Endorsement Program, Kent State University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleStudies in Curriculum Theory Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJames Henderson
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.