All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionLike previous editions, the third edition of Reconceptualizing the Literacies in Adolescents' Lives invites middle- and high-school educators to move toward a broad, generative view of adolescent literacies. Recognizing that digital media, social networking phemena are w central in adolescents' lives, what is different is the focus in this edition on bridging students' everyday literacies and subject matter learning. Four chapters from earlier editions serve as touchstone texts, horing youth's diverse experiences and illustrating how young people's literacies are enacted, situated, and mediated in various locales; nine new chapters consider how these themes are lived in today's schools and in the rapidly changing world outside of school This edition features heightened attention multimodal meaning construction, more discussion of practical implications of the ideas presented, and co-authored teacher commentaries at the end of each section. A Companion Website, new for this edition, facilitates practical application of the text's key ideas, with discussion questions, and links to instructional activities, blogs, additional readings and viewings, and interactive web pages, and videos.
- Author BiographyDonna E. Alvermann is Distinguished Research Professor, University of Georgia. Kathleen A. Hinchman is Professor, Reading & Language Arts Center and Director, Reading and English education doctoral programs, Syracuse University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDonna E. Alvermann,Kathleen A. Hinchman
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.