All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis book represents the second of three volumes offering a complete reinterpretation and restructuring of Keynesian macroecomics and a detailed investigation of the disequilibrium adjustment processes characterizing the financial, the goods and the labour markets and their interaction. In this second volume the authors present a detailed analysis and comparison of two competing types of approaches to Keynesian macroecomics, one that integrates goods, labour and financial markets, and ather from the perspective of a conventional type of LM-analysis or interest-rate policy of the central bank. The authors employ rigorous dynamic macro-models of a descriptive and applicable nature, which will be of interest to all macroecomists who use formal model-building in their investigations. The research in this book with its focus on Keynesian propagation mechanisms provides a unique alternative to the black-box shock-absorber approaches that dominate modern macroecomics. The main conclusion of the work is that policy makers need to reconsider Keynesian ideas, but in the modern form in which they are expressed in this volume. Reconstructing Keynesian Macroecomics will be of interest to students and researchers who want to look at alternatives to the mainstream macrodynamics that emerged from the Monetarist critique of Keynesianism. This book will also engage central bankers and macroecomic policy makers.
- Author BiographyCarl Chiarella is Professor of Quantitative Finance at the University of Technology, Sydney, Australia. Peter Flaschel is Professor of Economics at Bielefeld University, Germany. Willi Semmler is Professor of Economics at The New School for Social Research, New York, USA.
- Author(s)Carl Chiarella,Peter Flaschel,Willi Semmler
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/05/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note98 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables, 98 black & white line drawings
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.