All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThat Samuel Johnson contributed several essays to the Universal Visiter, an eighteenth-century periodical edited by Christopher Smart and Richard Rolt, has long been kwn. What is t kwn is just what pieces he did write. Because the double asterisk was thought to have been Johnson's signature, all six Visiter essays so marked have, at various times, been attributed to him. Although only three of the Visiter essays are generally accepted as Johnson's, there has been conclusive evidence that Johnson was t the author of the three conjectural pieces. This study presents evidence that Richard Rolt, t Samuel Johnson, wrote two of the three disputed pieces.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Bonnie Ferrero received her Ph.D. from the University of Connecticut. She is the Director of Research and Sponsored Programs at Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut. Dr. Ferrero is the author of several articles on Samuel Johnson.
- Author(s)Bonnie Ferrero
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1993
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in European Thought
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight410 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.