All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArthur Le Blanc Newbery's family history, published in 1911, is meticulously researched and easy to read, consolidating a range of resources to provide a comprehensive history of the Newberys. Presented in timeline form using extracts from the various sources, it also includes biographies of members of the related Raikes, Le Blanc, and McClintock families. Central to the history is the life of John Newbery (1713-1767), a well-kwn publisher, most tably of children's books, and friend of Samuel Johnson and Oliver Goldsmith. His relationship with the two men is well documented, and the account is supplemented with extracts from their biographies. Other table ancestors of Le Blanc Newbery whom he includes in this book are John's son and nephew, both called Francis, the latter of whom first published Goldsmith's The Vicar of Wakefield; and Admiral Sir Francis Leopold McClintock (1819-1907), the Arctic explorer.
- Author(s)Arthur le Blanc Newbery
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - History of Printing, Publishing and Libraries
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note25 b/w illus.
- Weight200 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.