All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book brings to light the little-kwn, but powerful roles that civil resistance has played in national liberation struggles throughout history. Ranging from the American Revolution to Kosovo in the 1990s, from Egypt under colonial rule to present-day West Papua and Palestine, the authors of Recovering Nonviolent History consider several key questions: What kinds of civilian-based nviolent strategy and tactics have been used in liberation struggles? What accounts for their successes and failures? Not least, how did nviolent resistance influence national identities and socioecomic and political institutions both prior to and after liberation, and why has this history been so often igred? The story that emerges is a compelling one of the agency of thousands and even millions of ordinary people as they used nviolent force in the course of struggles against foreign subjugation.
- Author BiographyMaciej J. Bartkowski is senior director for research and education at the International Center on Nonviolent Conflict, Washington DC, USA.
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byMaciej J. Bartkowski
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.