All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book explores how legacies of internal strife and foreign invasions have altered the balance of social and political forces that provided some measure of stability to Afghanistan. The country faces structural constraints in the way of reviving itself owing to ethnic fragmentation, Taliban insurgency, and shallow social roots of political power. The central argument is that Afghanistan needs positive international engagement to find a new balance among its fractious social groups and build effective state and nationhood.
- Author BiographyRasul Bakhsh Rais is professor of political science at Lahore University of Management Sciences in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Author(s)Rasul Bakhsh Rais
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/03/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.