All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne third of people after stroke, having survived the first few weeks, return home with significant residual disability, and can therefore benefit from an active, multidisciplinary rehabilitation programme. This is a comprehensive guide to rehabilitation after stroke, in which leading international authorities set out the basic neuroscientific principles that underlie brain recovery, including chapters on neural plasticity and neural imaging, and describe appropriate rehabilitation strategies for the many different functional problems that can arise after stroke. These include movement disorders, sensory loss, dysphagia and dysarthria, problems with continence and secual difficulties, and cognitive disorders. Also covered are measurement of disability and quality of life, assistive techlogy and vocational rehabilitation. It is therefore an essential handbook and reference for all members of the multidisciplinary stroke rehabilitation team, including medical personnel, therapists, clinical neuropsychologists and rehabilitation nurses.
- Author BiographyMichael Barnes is head of the Academic Unit of Neurological Rehabilitation at the University of Newcastle, UK, and current President of the World Federation for Neurorehabilitation. His previous books include Upper Motor Neurone Syndrome and Spasticity: Clinical Management and Neurophysiology, Cambridge, 2001. Bruce Dobkin is Professor of Neurology at the University of California Los Angeles, and directs the UCLA Neurological Rehabilitation and Research Program. He has written extensively in the field. Julien Bogousslavsky is Professor and Chair in the University Department of Neurology and Professor of Cerebrovascular Diseases, University of Lausanne, Switzerland. He has edited several books on stroke including Stroke Syndromes, Cambridge, 2001.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note43 b/w illus.
- Weight1050 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byBruce H. Dobkin,Julien Bogousslavsky,Michael P. Barnes
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.