All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecovery from Depression Using the Narrative Approach explores people's experiences of depression, recovery and available treatments. The author explains how, by selecting a variety of 'narrative tools', such as talking therapies, yoga and complementary therapies, as well as conventional medical approaches, people can take control of their condition. By choosing more helpful narratives, they can gain a greater insight into depression, self-management and long-term recovery. Written with a range of professionals in mind, including doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, complementary therapists, community psychiatric nurses and talking therapists, this evidence-based book offers guidance on how to be an 'ally' in promoting patients' recovery.
- Author BiographyDamien Ridge is a reader in Integrated Health at the University of Westminster, following positions as Senior Research Fellow at City University London and Senior Qualitative Researcher at Oxford University. He has been a specialist qualitative researcher for over 15 years, with expertise in understanding how people give meaning to recovering from mental health problems. He is widely published in leading scientific journals, including Social Science & Medicine and Sociology of Health & Illness. Damien lives in Brixton and is a regular meditation and yoga practitioner.
- Author(s)Damien Ridge
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/11/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.