All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecovery of the Lost Good Object brings together the hugely influential papers and seminars of Eric Brenman, revealing his impact on the development of psychoanalysis and allowing a better understanding of his distinctive voice amongst post-Kleinian analysts. Gathered together for the first time in one volume, Eric Brenman's papers give the reader a unique insight into the development of his clinical and theoretical thinking. They highlight many issues which are relevant to the present debate about psychoanalytic technique, including: * The Narcissism of the Analyst * Hysteria * The Recovery of the Good Object Relationship * Meaning and Meaningfulness * Cruelty and Narrowmindedness * The Value of Reconstruction in Adult Psychoanalysis The second half of the book documents three of the clinical seminars and covers the transgenerational transmission of trauma, the analysis of borderline pathology and the psychoanalytical approach to severely deprived patients. This collection will be welcomed by all psychoanalysts and psychotherapists, and other members of the helping professions interested in investigating the valuable contribution that Eric Brenman has made to contemporary psychoanalysis.
- Author BiographyEric Brenman trained originally in Medicine and Psychiatry, and then at the British Institute of Psychoanalysis. He is a Senior Training Analyst and Supervisor in the British Psychoanalytic Society, and a past President of the Society. Gigliola Fornari Spoto trained in Medicine and Psychiatry in Italy and then at the British Institute of Psychoanalysis where she is now a Senior Training Analyst.
- Author(s)Eric Brenman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/09/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe New Library of Psychoanalysis
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byGigliola Fornari Spoto
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.