All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe are in the middle of a museum paradigm shift and a new type of museum volunteer is emerging from the community. Non-profit volunteers are looking for unique and satisfying ways to engage in their communities and museums are primed to offer just the experiences these volunteers are looking for. Here's a practical exploration of the differences between the then and w volunteers and solid advice on volunteer recruitment, communication, and retention strategies. Written in a light hearted spirit, Recruiting and Managing Volunteers in Museums: A Handbook to Volunteer Management will engage and inform any professional tasked with developing and managing a volunteer program at their institution. Museums offer an amazing array of volunteer opportunities that help create a greater sense of belonging and purpose for the volunteer. With a growing number of retiring professionals and students looking for professional experiences, w is the time to embark on developing a volunteer program that will thrive in the years to come.
- Author BiographyKristy Van Hoven is the Outreach Director for the National EMS Museum and PhD candidate at the University of Leicester. Over the last three years Kristy has worked with the National EMS Museum's Board of Trustees to develop and implement engaging e-volunteer opportunities and community programs that reach their digital audience. In addition to her work with the EMS Museum, Kristy volunteers at a number of local museums in Toronto, Ontario. Loni Wellman is the Volunteer and Special Projects Coordinator at the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum. Prior to that, she was the Educational Program Facilitator at the Art & History Museums--Maitland, and Educational Program Manager at the Children's Museum of Memphis. In these positions, Loni has witnessed the changes in volunteerism first hand and has tailored her programs to meet the needs of the new volunteer. Loni has her Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Flagler College, and her Master of Arts degree in Museum Studies from Johns Hopkins University.
- Author(s)Kristy Van Hoven,Loni Wellman
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/01/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleAmerican Association for State & Local History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white halftones
- Weight231 g
- Width150 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.