Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionRed Dirt Rocker is a contemporary and inspirational American dream-come-true story geared toward a Young Adult audience. Based, in part, on the true and incredible adventures of teen MTV musician Forrest French, this hip and vibrant page-turner filled with pop culture references will draw the young reader in as they see the story unfold through the eyes of this straight-edge teenager from a tiny, hick, country town, whose life is about to change forever. His strict dad raised him to be a football jock-his free spirited mama raised him on classic rock. Small town athlete and teen musician Forrest French finds himself torn, having to decide between public high school, sports and his simple, country life in Coweta, (aka Cow-Town) Oklahoma; his deep Southern roots and strong family ties, or the jet-setting life of an MTV rock star. While dealing with the team bully and facing the fickleness of teen dating relationships, Forrest depends on his faith to keep a cool head. In this story filled with teen angst and teen hopes, Forrest holds fast to his beliefs as he hangs on for the ride of his life in the upside-down, backward and thrilling world of rock-n-roll. Red Dirt Rocker illustrates to its Young Adult audience that they can be accepted and successful with straight-edge flair, be they athlete, band geek, cheerleader, or aspiring rock star. Experience a shotgun ride right alongside Forrest as he embarks on his rock-n-roll dream and finds that a beautiful heart and strong values may just win over superficial beauty and popularity in the end.
- Author BiographyHailing from the small farming and ranching community of Coweta, Oklahoma, author and substitute teacher Jody French began her life traveling the United States with her mother, who was in the race horse training industry. As an adult, Jody had the privilege to continue her travels in the U.S. and Canada as she chaperoned and tutored her son, teen musician and MTV artist Forrest French. Jody's love for working with and relating to teens as well as her passion for her son's music inspired her to write her first novel for young adults. In addition to writing and traveling, Jody loves to spend time with her husband, three children, and three grandchildren. Rumor has it that some of her writing has even been accomplished with a grandbaby on her lap. Her most cherished destination is a cozy cabin with majestic views in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, where she enjoys hiking, white water rafting, and natural hot springs hot tub hopping with her adventure seeking family. Jody is a member of the Tulsa writer's group, Tulsa Inkslingers, as well as the online group Scribophile.
- Author(s)Jody French
- PublisherNeverland Publishing Company, LLC
- Date of Publication17/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNeverland Publishing Company, LLC
- Out-of-print date22/12/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.