All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a stunningly original mix of poetry, drama, and narrative, Anne Carson brings the red-winged Geryon from Autobiography of Red , w called 'G', into manhood, and through the complex labyrinths of the modern age. We join him as he travels with his friend and lover 'Sad' (short for Sad But Great), a war veteran, and with Ida, an artist, across a geography that ranges from plains of glacial ice to idyllic green pastures; from a psychiatric clinic to the sombre house where G's mother must face her death. Haunted by Proust, juxtaposing the hunger for flight with the longing for family and home, this deeply powerful picaresque verse invites readers on an extraordinary journey of intellect, imagination, and soul.
- Author BiographyAnne Carson was born in Canada and teaches ancient Greek for a living. Her awards and honours include the Lannan Award, the Pushcart Prize, the Griffin Trust Award for Excellence in Poetry, the T.S. Eliot Prize, a Guggenheim fellowship, and the MacArthur 'Genius' Award.
- PrizesShortlisted for T S Eliot Prize 2013. Long-listed for Folio Prize 2014.
- Author(s)Anne Carson
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Weight244 g
- Width153 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.