Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.23+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe all need emotional blinders: the etiquette that keeps society smoothly moving depends on it. But when you absolutely must rely on ather person, you have to be able to assess them objectively. RED FLAGS shares simple strategies anyone can use to spot deceptive or downright dangerous people who use ingratiation and social convention to draw in and lull victims. Readers will learn how even the most sceptical of us use rose-coloured lenses on those around us, in three sections: Blinded by Desire -from the alluring lenses of attraction and positive attention to the blindness of marital bliss and the distorted lens of delusion; Overlooking Red Flags in a Professional Setting - how reassuring proximity and the false security of credibility and similarity can lead to costly mistakes; Be Afraid of What You Can't See - the ultimate cost of wearing emotional blinders around the truly disturbed/criminal, from sexual predation to domestic abuse, stalking and cyberstalking Readers will learn how to: avoid selective attention; observe people over time (bad guys rely on first impressions) 3ask questions: most people's favourite topic is themselves - cyber sleuth to verify information and track down inconsistencies. You need this book if you: want to kw if a potential boyfriend is trustworthy; are interviewing or hiring new employees; are selecting anyone to take care of your children; are lending money or property; and have partners in business.
- Author BiographyWENDY L. PATRICK is a Deputy District Attorney and team leader in the Sex Crimes and Stalking Division of the San Diego County District Attorney's Office. She serves as Co-Chair of both the Statewide California District Attorneys Association Sexually Violent Predator Committee and the Human Trafficking Committee. Patrick is the co-author of the revised edition of Reading People.
- Author(s)Wendy L. Patrick
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication16/03/2015
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Out-of-print date23/09/2016
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.