All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHalle went to Egypt a disinterested atheist with a paralyzing fear of death, just ather tourist on vacation. But somewhere in the middle of exploring the fascinating mix of developing country and ancient monuments, she found the unexpected revelation of her soul. Travel up the Nile with Halle as she recounts timeless, riveting stories of both ancient and modern Egypt, of her own awakening, and the changes in the lives of the people she w guides. Growing up without religion, Halle's almost debilitating fear of death was the nasty secret in her otherwise comfortable (if unexamined) life. When her partner invited her on a spiritual tour of Egypt, Halle agreed without kwing what she was getting herself into. What followed was beyond her wildest expectations, triggering a deeper understanding of self she didn't even kw could exist, and putting Halle on the path to lead her own spiritual journeys. Red Goddess Rising follows Halle's journey as a reluctant spiritual tourist, then as a tour leader who facilitates her guests' awakenings in Egypt. Her experiences-visiting Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor, and Aswan on a Nile cruise-are woven into vignettes of spiritual realization and growth as the story unfolds. Her stories are often humorous, sometimes deeply moving: a friend so overcome with emotion he tries to climb the famous Colossus of Memn; a private 5-star dinner on the grounds of Luxor Temple where the guests are treated like pharaohs of old; a temple guard in the Valley of the Kings who lost his arm-and nearly his life-shielding a total stranger from the vicious attack during the 1997 Temple of Hatshepsut massacre. From dealing with Egyptian toilet etiquette for Westerners to the lessons Halle learned on a camel ride up Mount Moses, Red Goddess Rising has already been called enlightening, moving and funny. As Halle began to truly face her own fear of death through candid self-reflection, psychic surgery, and encounters with unexpected teachers, she transformed her deepest terror in a powerful revelation that totally changed her life from that moment on. Come join Halle and greet the rising sun between the paws of the Sphinx, get initiated in the King's Chamber of the Great Pyramid, and explore the hidden backstreets of Egypt rmally off-limits to tourists. Red Goddess Rising is her story, but like the ancient call of the temple stones, it will resonate with you, too.
- Author BiographyHalle Eavelyn is a dynamic and powerful spiritual coach, speaker, and writer who helps women break out of their old patterns so they can live their best lives, the ones they always yearned for. As the co-founder of Spirit Quest Tours, Halle has led spiritual tours for over a decade. Her acclaimed spiritual travel memoir, Red Goddess Rising, tells the story of her spiritual awakening in Egypt and the trips she has led up the Nile for the past several years. She has been interviewed by Time Magazine, USA Today, Good Morning America, Wealth TV and many others about her spiritual travel experiences and expertise.
- Author(s)Halle Eavelyn
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.