Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne day unlike the others, he'll run into a husband worse than the others, he'll run into trouble. I often thought this. Well, I was wrong, it was a woman he ran into, a woman worse than the others, here's what happened. What happened is the shocking tale told deftly by the brilliant French minimalist Christian Gailly in Red Haze . It is a story at once spare and mysteriously complex, complicated by the ever odder perspective of the narrator as the details accumulate. Lucien, the narrator's friend, is a rake, a womanizer who womanizes once too often and loses his offending member to his latest conquest. As the narrator's interest in the mutilated man and the vengeful woman grows into an obsession, Red Haze becomes an unsettling story of how closely intertwined love and hatred, passion and cruelty can be. Winner of the prestigious Prix France Culture, Red Haze is the third of Christian Gailly's ten vels to be published in English. The first, The Passion of Martin Fissel-Brandt , is also published by the University of Nebraska Press.
- Author BiographyBrian Evenson is an associate professor in the creative writing program at Brown University. He is the author of Altmann's Tongue (available in a Bison Books edition) and The Wavering Knife, and the translator of Jacques Jouet's Mountain R. David Beus is an adjunct assistant professor in the Department of international cultural studies at Brigham Young University, Hawaii and has translated work by Ludovic Janvier, Eduoard Maunick, and others.
- Author(s)Christian Gailly
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Weight154 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byBrian Evenson,David Beus
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.