All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt one time, there were red imported fire ants in the United States. In the 1930s, the insects got into the country by accident. The ants soon spread rapidly all over the South. Today, the aggressive fire ants roam fields and lawns, looking for food and biting and stinging any animal or person who disturbs them. In Red Imported Fire Ants: Attacking Everything, students will learn all about these dangerous insects. The fascinating details describe how the fire ants attack and kill small animals for food, how they destroy millions of dollars worth of crops every year, and how theyve even caused car accidents by destroying traffic lights! Large color photos, maps, and fact boxes enrich the dramatic details. Written in narrative format, this series is sure to keep young readers engaged.
- Author(s)Meish Goldish
- PublisherBearport Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleThey Don't Belong
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBearport Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width203 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.