All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrue life man-hunt thriller set in postwar Manila, where two incent Americans and an incent Russian emigre are falsely identified as Communist agents supplying guns and money to Communist rebels in the countryside. All three are captured and put in torious Bilibad Prison, but manage to escape. Both Americans flee the country, but the Russian emigre is trapped, tortured, and murdered by being thrown out of a helicopter over the South China Sea. A true story, told by bestselling authors Sterling & Peggy Seagrave. The Seagraves have published ten books about crime and corruption in Asia, many of them bestsellers in different languages. Sterling is the fifth-generation of an American family, was an investigative reporter for The Washington Post, and then contributed to many magazines and newspapers such as TIME, Newsweek, Esquire, Atlantic Monthly, and the Far Eastern Ecomic Review. Peggy Seagrave worked for the Smithsonian Institution before joining Time-Life Books where she and Sterling worked on a dozen books together before marrying and moving to Europe. They w divide their time between Frace and Southeast Asia.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.