All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do Rube Walberg, Mike Nagy, Kevin Millar, and Dustin Pedroia all have in common? They have all worn #15 for the Boston Red Sox. Since 1931, the Red Sox have issued 74 different numbers to more than 1,500 players. In this newly updated edition, Red Sox by the Numbers tells the story of every Red Sox player since '31--from Bill Sweeney (the first Red Sox player to don #1) to J.T. Sw (#84, the highest-numbered n-coach in Sox history). Each chapter also features a fascinating sidebar that reveals obscure players who wore certain numbers and also which numbers produced the most wins, home runs, and stolen bases in club history. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyBill Nowlin was born in Boston. He is the author of twenty-five Red Sox--related books. In 2004, Nowlin was elected vice president of the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR). Matthew Silverman is coauthor of Mets by the Numbers (with John Springer), Cubs by the Numbers (with Al Yellon and Kasey Ignarski), and Shea Goodbye (with Keith Hernandez). He is the author of Mets Essential, 100 Things Mets Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die, and Baseball Miscellany.
- Author(s)Bill Nowlin,Matthew Silverman
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication23/06/2016
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Content Note75 B&W photos
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.