All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book provides a political analysis of the 'greatest internal security threat' to the Indian nation. After forty four years of the spring thunder, the Naxalite movement still haunts the status quo. The reign of Naxalite politics, despite many difficulties and hurdles, does t go into the oblivion, rather comes back and tries to uphold its alternative social structure and politics. The author of the book, after spending a fortnight among the protagonists of Jantana Sarkar, questions the military solution as the panacea of all 'evils'. Further, the author traces back to history and testifies what the Maoists are upholding today - justice, equality and liberty - the forgotten chapters of the Indian freedom movement in general and various government resolutions in particular. The book would be an interesting read for subject experts as well as the general readers.
- Author BiographyJan Myrdal is a Swedish author, leftist-political writer and columnist. He is an honorary doctor of literature at Upsala College in New Jersey, USA, and a Ph.D. at Nankai University in Tianjin in China.
- Author(s)Jan Myrdal
- PublisherRaj Publications, India
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationDelhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRaj Publications, India
- Format DetailsPaperback / softback (stationery)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.