Red, White, and Blues: Poets on the Promise of America by University of Iowa Press (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRed, White, and Blues, a new anthology from the award-winning editors of Like Thunder: Poets Respond to Violence in America and Vespers: Contemporary American Poems of Religion and Spirituality, offers a chorus of contemporary American poets on the idea of liberty, democracy, patriotism, and the American Dream - a twenty-first-century Song of Myself for the entire country. The poems in Red, White, and Blues reflect our collective memory - from icons of pop culture to national disasters and times of unrest. Yet they are t simply reflections of the headline news or political diatribes of the day; instead, they provide roadmaps of American history - roadmaps of where we've been, who we are, and where we're going as a nation. Poets as diverse as Martin Espada and Paisley Rekdal, J. P. Dancing Bear and Vivian Shipley seek to answer questions that resonate within the heart of our national identity - what does it mean to be an American? What is the American Dream? How does one define patriotism? Regardless of ethnicity, gender, or class, each poet's answer to such questions proves that our experiences unite us more than they divide us. Red, White, and Blues is an ambitious collection of the finest contemporary poetry on the subject of America and the indefatigable spirit of its citizens. Its poems don't pull punches, r do they celebrate without cause. They show spirit and excitement, outrage and joy, solemnity and ambiguity - all reflections of our wonderfully diverse nation.
- Author BiographyVirgil Suarez is a professor of creative writing at Florida State University and the author of over twenty books of prose and poetry, most recently Infinite Refuge, Palm Crows, Banyan, and Guide to the Blue Tongue. The editor of Contemporary American Poetry: Behind the Scenes, Ryan Van Cleave teaches creative writing and literature at Clemson University. He is the author of, most recently, the poetry collection Ha Ha Tonka.
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byRyan G. Van Cleave,Virgil Suarez
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.