Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionConrad Murrihy's mother is dying and she has one final wish: to see her eldest son Francis who has t contacted home in two years. In a race to find him and return home to his mother, Conrad travels far from his native Nova Scotia, Canada and through the heart of rural North Island, New Zealand following leads to Taumarunui, Auckland, Whanganui, Ratana and, finally, on an epic journey up the Whanganui River. Along the way, Conrad discovers his brother has been living multiple lives - as a Catholic brother, a spoken-word poet, a suspected criminal and a new kind of poropiti for iwi Maori. Conrad's search forces him to confront issues in his own life - issues of commitment, family loyalties, reconciliation with the past and openness to future possibilities - brought on by his encounters with the people, places and spirits of New Zealand. In this, his first vel, Antony Millen explores the complex spiritual fabric of New Zealand while still telling a simple story of a man trying to mend his family.
- Author BiographyAntony Millen is a Canadian living and writing in New Zealand. Originally from Pictou County, Nova Scotia, Canada, he moved to New Zealand with his wife and two children in 1997. He has lived in Taumarunui since then, working at St Patrick's Catholic Primary School and, more recently, as the head of the English department at Taumarunui High School. During his early years in New Zealand, he wrote sporadically, but with a dream to write novels as a major part of his life-style if not as a career. In 2013, he launched his first novel, Redeeming Brother Murrihy. Rather than satisfying his urge to write, releasing the book only made him hungrier to pursue his dream more enthusiastically. His second novel is Te Kauhanga: A Tale of Space(s), released in June 2014. Find out more on Antony's website: http: //antonymillen.wordpress.com/ Like Antony's page on Facebook: https: //www.facebook.com/pages/Antony-Millen/457377187681292?ref=hl Follow Antony on Twitter: https: //twitter.com/antony_millen View Antony's page on Amazon
- Author(s)Antony Millen
- PublisherMaple Koru Publishing
- Date of Publication10/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaple Koru Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- wileypakau31 Jul, 2014by
Check This Out! Brilliance!!
Absolutely BRILLIANT book! I couldn't put it down. Well done, Antony Millen, well done indeed. Tino pai!
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.