All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGroundbreaking. Washington Examiner Mueller is an extraordinarily learned man. Claremont Review of BooksEcomics is primed for and in desperate need of a revolution, respected ecomic forecaster John D. Mueller shows in this eye-opening book. To make this leap forward will require looking backward, for as Redeeming Ecomics reveals, the most important element of ecomic theory has been igred for more than two centuries.Since the great Adam Smith tore down this pillar of ecomic thought, Mueller shows, ecomic theory has been unable to account for a fundamental aspect of human experience: the relationships that define us, the loves (and hates) that motivate and distinguish us as persons. In trying to reduce human behavior to exchanges, modern ecomists have forgotten how these essential motivations are expressed: as gifts (or their opposite, crimes). Mueller makes ecomics whole again, masterfully reapplying the ecomic thought of Aristotle, Augustine, and Aquinas.
- Author BiographyJohn D. Mueller is the director of the Economics and Ethics Program of the Ethics and Public Policy Center. He is also president of LBMC LLC, a firm specializing in economic and financial-market forecasting and economic policy analysis. From 1979 through 1988 he served as economist and speechwriter to then-Congressman Jack Kemp, helping draft key features of President Ronald Reagan s tax cuts of 1981 and the Tax Reform Act of 1986. Mueller s articles have appeared in the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, the Washington Post, the Weekly Standard, National Review, the Chesterton Review, and the Harvard Business Review. He and his wife live in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)ISI Books
- PublisherISI Books
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWilmington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintISI Books
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.