All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionOur brains are hard-wired to experience the emotion of fear. Yet do t be afraid is a common refrain from the Bible, used for both comfort and chastening. Too often, we have treated fear, an emotion that helps protect us from threats, as something simply to be dismissed, igred, or suppressed. Being afraid means so much more than simply fighting or running from a threat; to be afraid is to remember that something in life is worth living for. In fact, there may even be circumstances where fear is God's best response to what we are experiencing. In this book, Whitehead helps us find the roots of hope in the soil of our fears so that we can form lives and communities of hope in the midst of a culture of fear.
- Author BiographyJason C. Whitehead has served congregations in South Carolina, Virginia, and Colorado. Currently, he is an adjunct professor and directs the Office of Consultation and Guidance for Iliff School of Theology. A licensed clinical social worker and a minister in the Presbyterian Church (USA), he received his M.Div. from Union Presbyterian Seminary, his M.S.W. from Virginia Commonwealth University, and his Ph.D. in religion and psychological studies at Iliff School of Theology and the University of Denver.
- Author(s)Jason C. Whitehead
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight268 g
- Width155 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.