All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecently, the issue of postnationalism has encouraged intense debate, which has been reflected in the publication of numerous books and articles in various fields of study, including politics, history, philosophy and anthropology. However, the work produced in Irish literary criticism has been much sparser. This collection of essays aims to fill this gap and provide new insights into the debate on postnationalism in Ireland from the perspective of narrative writing. The book collects thirteen essays by academics from various countries, including Ireland, the United States and Sweden. It analyses the concepts of the postnational and the postnationalist in relation to globalisation, as well as the debate that postnationalist discourse has opened in various fields of kwledge, and its definitions and implications in the contemporary Irish historical and literary context. The literary forms under consideration include essay writing, drama, fiction, autobiography, film and poetry. The authors whose work is analysed here include Dermot Bolger, Hubert Butler, Ciaran Carson, Brian Friel, Seamus Heaney, Marie Jones, Derek Mahon, Frank McGuinness, Robert McLiam Wilson, Cor McPherson, Sinead Morrissey, Nuala O'Faolain and David Wheatley.
- Author BiographyIrene Gilsenan Nordin is Professor of English at the University of Dalarna, Sweden. She is Director of DUCIS (Dalarna University Centre for Irish Studies), and editor of Nordic Irish Studies. Her scholarly work is mainly concerned with contemporary Irish poetry. Carmen Zamorano Llena is Assistant Professor at the University of Dalarna, Sweden, and has previously taught at the University of Lleida, Spain. She has published on contemporary Irish and British poetry and fiction. Her current research focuses on literary representations of postnationalist identity, ageing and the migrant experience.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication19/10/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCultural Identity Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2010
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight450 g
- Edited byCarmen Zamorano Llena,Irene Gilsenan Nordin
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.12Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.