Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionBecause the educational system only teaches children reading, writing, and arithmetic to solve their problems, children are t learning the basic social, emotional, or behavioral skills to help them cope with life and form relationships. Along with the education system failing to teach children these skills, parents are t taught how to handle it when their child becomes violent, aggressive, or out-of-control. Parenting is also extremely challenging for the following three reasons: 1) Parents are usually responsible for raising one to five children within their lifetimes. By the time adjustments are made and parents have a better understanding of handling out-of-control behavior, their children have moved out and become adults. 2) There is course or curriculum on how to handle out-of-control behavior during the most common daily routines (i.e., getting dressed, breakfast time, getting out of the house on-time, dinner time, bath-time, bedtime, getting along with siblings, etc.). 3) No child comes with an instruction manual. Redirecting the Out-of-Control Child has been created from the overwhelming need for parents to have the necessary skills to handle their children's most difficult and out-of-control behaviors. From managing tantrums, to limiting acting out, or even violent behaviors, parents will learn step-by-step how to drastically shorten the weeks (sometimes months or even years) it takes to restore order in the home, strengthen the bond between parent/child, and reconnect with your child-tonight!
- Author BiographyJason Johnson, the In-Home Parent Coach(r), has spent many years working with hundreds of challenging toddlers through teenagers diagnosed with ADHD, Oppositional Defiance Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Asperger's Syndrome, and Bipolar Disorder. He works with boys and girls (ages two to nineteen) with severe emotional/behavioral issues from various ethnic backgrounds, races, and religions. Jason believes that parents are capable of gaining the leaderships skills necessary to restore order in the home, strengthen the bond between parent and child, and reconnect with their children. He is highly attuned to the leadership process and developing communication skills, and he has the expertise to point out effective ways to bring peace into the home.
- Author(s)Jason K Johnson
- PublisherIn-Home Parent Coach, LLC
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIn-Home Parent Coach, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.