All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAs political, ecomic, and environmental issues increasingly spread across the globe, the science of geography is being rediscovered by scientists, policymakers, and educators alike. Geography has been made a core subject in U.S. schools, and scientists from a variety of disciplines are using analytical tools originally developed by geographers. Rediscovering Geography presents a broad overview of geography's renewed importance in a changing world. Through discussions and highlighted case studies, this book illustrates geography's impact on international trade, environmental change, population growth, information infrastructure, the condition of cities, the spread of AIDS, and much more. The committee examines some of the more significant tools for data collection, storage, analysis, and display, with examples of major contributions made by geographers. Rediscovering Geography provides a blueprint for the future of the discipline, recommending how to strengthen its intellectual and institutional foundation and meet the demand for geographic expertise among professionals and the public.
- Author BiographyRediscovering Geography Committee, National Research Council
- Author(s)Commission on Geosciences,Division on Earth and Life Studies,Environment and Resources,National Research Council,Rediscovering Geography Committee
- PublisherNational Academies Press
- Date of Publication28/03/1997
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Academies Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.