All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMemorial to a passing era? Mistress to history? Illustration of popular legend? Where is the art in traditional narrative western art? Is it kitsch or kunst? Six writers on art and popular culture survey the terrain of western art in the twenty-first century, tracing and refining its boundaries in the areas of aesthetics and national identity. Their sharp-eyed observations support a newly emerging history of western art that places it in a social, psychological, and political-as well as aesthetic-context. The result is a refreshing, vigorous, and substantial contribution in America art history.
- Author BiographyPeter M. Hassrick is director of the Denver Art Museum's Institute of Western American Art. The other contributors include Brian W. Dippie, Erika Doss, Patricia Limerick, Angela Miller, Martha A. Sandweiss, and William H. Truettner.
- Author(s)Peter H. Hassrick
- PublisherDenver Art Museum
- Date of Publication28/02/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleWestern Passages S.
- Place of PublicationDenver
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDenver Art Museum
- Content Note90 color illus.
- Weight418 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $24.74New
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $19.85New
- AU $31.89New
- AU $21.70New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.70Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.70
- AU $78.43Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
- AU $21.42Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.