All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early years children's cognitive development is largely shaped by their home environment, but research shows that on average, children who are entitled to free school meals start primary school with lower scores in reading and mathematics than their peers. As an early years practitioner, you can influence these children's learning within your setting, and help them to achieve the same levels as their more affluent peers. That's what this book aims to do - help you to narrow the gap! This unique book shows you how to provide a 'safety net' for children who are most at risk of underachievement. You will be taught about the different factors that positively impact upon children's learning (including adult interaction and literacy and mathematical experiences) and how they link to good practice within the EYFS. From tips for creating a rich, and diverse play environment for them to enjoy, to suggestions on how to carefully guide activities and experiences, this book will help you to establish a strong, long term education programme. You will be amazed at the impact you will have upon these children simply by making small changes to your practice and planning, and you might even increase your setting's chance of gaining an 'outstanding' Ofsted grade!
- Author BiographyPenny Tassoni is an education consultant, author and trainer who specialises in the whole spectrum of learning and play. Penny began her career as an early years teacher, before training nursery nurses. She has also worked for a large daycare chain as their education and training manager. Penny has written forty books many of which are core textbooks in the UK for training nursery nurses and early years teachers. In February 2013, she was asked to take on the role of President of the Professional Association of Early Years and Childcare - an organisation with over 35,000 members in the UK. Penny is a well known speaker and trainer. She regularly visits and supports nurseries and pre-schools which allows her to maintain regular contact with babies and young children. She also works regularly in Turkey but has supported nurseries in China, Dubai and Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Penny Tassoni
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight470 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.