All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionOutlining the 10 most significant reasons behind the high drop-out rate amongst black male students, this guide provides more than 30 solutions towards addressing this national crisis. Revealing that currently close to one half of black males do t graduate from high school, this exploration pursues the causes behind this alarming statistic and looks at many angles of the issue, including poor parental involvement, low expectations from teachers, boredom, negative peer pressure, and lack of positive role models. The solutions presented--including smaller classes, single gender classrooms, relevant Afro-centric curriculums, cooperative learning, motivational speakers, and higher expectations from teachers--are designed to provide prevention strategies for administrators and teachers, as well as empowerment principles for students.
- Author BiographyJawanza Kunjufu is the author of over 65 books, including Countering the Conspiracy to Destroy Black Boys, Good Brothers Looking for Good Sisters, and Black College Student Survival Guide. He lives in Chicago.
- Author(s)Dr. Jawanza Kunjufu
- PublisherAfrican American Images
- Date of Publication25/02/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAfrican American Images
- Content Notetables
- Weight195 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.