All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book covers the principal topics in applied mechanics for professional trainees studying Merchant Navy Marine Engineering Certificates of Competency (CoC) as well as the core syllabi in applied mechanics for undergraduates studying for BSc, BEng and MEng degrees in marine engineering, naval architecture and other marine techlogy related programmes. The revised version takes into account the need of these students, recognising recent changes to the Merchant Navy syllabus and current pathways to a sea-going engineering career, including National diplomas, Higher National Diploma and degree courses. Basic principles are dealt with, beginning at a fairly elemental stage, with this new edition applying the underlying principles to a shipping environment. Each chapter has fully worked examples interwoven into the text, with test examples set at the end of each chapter. Other revisions include examples reflecting modern machines and practice, current legislation and current syllabi.
- Author BiographyPaul A Russell was Head of School at the National Sea Training Centre at North West Kent College, UK as well as lecturer in Marine Engineering at the University of Greenwich. He is Managing Director of Thamesview Maritime Limited, a marine engineering consultancy specialising in the professional development of marine engineers and has previously worked as the Editor for the journal Marine Propulsion and Auxiliary Machinery. Paul has also completed two terms in office as the Chair of the South East branch of the Institute of Marine Engineering Science and Technology.
- Author(s)Paul Anthony Russell
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleReeds Marine Engineering and Technology Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight870 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.