All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDecades of isolation from tourism and development have left Cuba's coral reefs among the most pristine in the world, an exceptionalism that stands in stark contrast to the island nation's poverty and political situation. Famed diver/photographer Robert Srkel Bob Wintner showcases these magnificent reefs with his astounding underwater images, while also capturing terrestrial life in the cities and villages of the island nation. Reef Libre is t a travelogue, but asks the big questions after a lifetime of isolation-can Cuba's reefs still thrive? Nearly 400 stills, a compelling narrative, and a DVD capture this delicate time in reef history. Reef Libre: The Movie is a mini-documentary which encompasses this pivotal moment-from the streets to the reefs. To watch the trailer for Reef Libre: The Movie, click here!
- Author BiographyRobert Wintner is the nom de plume (et de la guerre) of Snorkel Bob, himself, founder of Snorkel Bob's in Hawaii and still Hawaii's only designer and manufacturer of world-class masks, fins, and snorkels for use by pedestrians, many of whom have never before seen an ocean. He is on the frontlines of the campaign to ban the aquarium trade around the world, because it's all one reef.
- Author(s)Robert Wintner
- PublisherTaylor Trade Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNitty Gritty Productions,U.S.
- Content Note329 colour illustrations
- Weight1243 g
- Width227 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and DVD video
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.